Thursday 6 September 2012

September, reasons to be cheerful.


I spent a long time away from the shop this summer and had a very difficult and sad time. On my return Maxine (and Rosie) had been working hard and a lot of new stock had arrived. The shelves are full and we are bursting at the seams.

Now it is September. I love September, the sun is still shining but the air has a crisp smell after the colder nights. I know the nights are drawing in but that brings the promise of cosy fireside knitting, toasty blankets and comfort food. The new season patterns are full of cables and fair isle. I am scared to look in the new books as every time I do I see at least 3 more "must knits".
Today I opened the new Debbie Bliss Magazine: Gorgeous cabled Paloma jumper, cutest 'fox' hat and mitts, mens jumpers that my husband would wear and stunning lace: Check it for yourself if you dare here.
Best of all, new yarns keep rolling through the door: Lovely pure wool aran:

New Knitcol colours:


and chunky scarf yarns

 

Cheeriest of all, new pom pom Jester. If that doesn't cheer you up.....

then come along for a visit and we will show you more reasons to love this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment